15 April 2007

[toy hunt '07] Day 06: Wanchai, Mongkok & Yau Ma Tei

Madly tiring day today.

Today's haul. Not much TFs, just a Titanium War Within Megatron for HK$129. Pretty cheap in my opinion. Saw Titanium Ultra Magnus and The Fallen as well both at HK$199.

I'm real happy about today's haul for a few reasons:

1. I finally got my first (yes, first) Batman figure. It is the first satisfactory figure of Batman I've come across. HK$88

2. Suprise acquisition for the day was SPEL Eva-01 Test type. Very study and heavy toy. EVA-01 is something I've always really liked. Oh, did I mention that the Neon Genesis Evangelion soundtracks are really good listening as well?

3. Found a new type of very cool transformable toys called Neo Amdriver. These toys are new, at least for me. Never seen them before. There is this one that is like the Cyclone from Mospeada (Robotech).



Haul of the day, is merely one Transformer, but what a find! Got myself an OTFCC exclusive Mega-SCF Skywarp figure. Walked into this little toy shop, looked around and saw the Skywarp figure sitting in a non-descript corner.

I asked that guy if he painted it himself, not believing that such a rare figure could be sitting dustily in one corner. I fully expected that it was a kitbash repaint of the Mega-SCF Starscream figure. He let me check it and I did. Figured that it was probably genuine.

Asked how much it is and he told me- HK$XXX. For that price, I'd buy the figure and ask questions later, genuine or not.

Grabbed the figure and ran. Here it is:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts