30 October 2007

Metalforce Hot Rod - An Introduction

'I hate Hot Rod' I've been saying that since TFTM in 1986.

I hated him because he caused the death of Optimus Prime. Sure Megatron may have been primarily responsible, but if Hot Rod didn't interfere and get used as a shield, Prime would have shot Megatron before the latter could fatally wound him.

'Wow Hot Rod is cool. I like him' was what i found myself saying a few days ago. I was bewildered to hear myself say that after having hated Hot Rod for the better part of 20 years. What is happening to me? What is the reason for my change in heart?

The reason? Metalforce Hot Rod.

Here he is... boom






























This baby is so hot that I can't take my eyes off him.

I am incredibly impressed with Hirofumi Ichikawa's design and Yujo Koike's sculpt of Hot Rod. So much so that I've decided to do a series in 4 Chapters to fully pay tribute to such an awesome figure.

Next: The Origin of Metalverse Hot Rod

***
Read all chapters in the Metalverse Hot Rod series
Chapter 01: Metalverse Hot Rod- An Introduction
Chapter 02: Metalverse Hot Rod- The Origin
Chapter 03: Metalverse Hot Rod- My reasons
Chapter 04: Metalverse Hot Rod- The Photos

Forum discussions
OZ Formers forum
Seibertron forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts