10 January 2010

The Tokyo Trip - In which we visit Mandarake (Shibuya)


In the later half of 3rd January 2010, we made a stop at the Shibuya branch of Mandarake.

I at first didn't know that such a branch existed, but E found it in her guide book and told me about it.

"Since it is a Transformer hunting day, we gotta go to this one as well" E said.

Sure!

I was delighted to find that there was a respectable amount of G1 Japanese boxed Transformers here as well, although, they are generally repeats of what was also available at the Mandarake Complex in Akihabara. Also, most of the G1 Transformers here were in poorer condition than those in the Mandarake Complex.

These were from Mandarake Shibuya.

The MIB Blitzwing in a C9 box with no flap crease was tempting at ¥10,500 (AU$122 approximately).

Overlord MIB complete at ¥36,000 (AU$421 approximately) is also reasonably attractive.

Notice that they are selling a loose and incomplete Dirge and an MIB Hasbro Reissue Dirge, a relatively common figure in the Western markets, but a "rare" one to the Japanese market because Dirge was a Mail-Away exclusive in Japan back in the 80s.

MIB Beachcomber was of some interest I have to admit but I decided to pass.

There was nothing I wanted from here, so after some browsing, we headed back to the hotel for the day.

Over the next few days, we visited various theme parks for adrenaline pumping thrills. It wasn't until 8th January 2010 that we went to Mandarake again. There were some pieces that I still wanted to get from the Akihabara branch and those had been swirling in my head during the intervening time, heh.


***

Read other chapters of The Tokyo Trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts